Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Speech

I thought that it was both funny and a little embarrassing to listen to my own audio file. I realized that I said “ah…” a lot more than I thought I did. It also became even more apparent when I was fumbling over my lines. I think that the speech was a little bit more stressful than the usual skits because it was the first time we had ever done this format of presentation, we didn’t have our partners to prompt us, and the rhythm and intonation of one’s voice became even more important because one could not rely on grand gestures and funny facial expressions. Nonetheless, think it was good to have the experience at the end of our first year because it is good to get practice speaking in a variety of different settings.

3 comments:

alan said...

Overall your speech was very good. Good fluency. We all were a little more choppy than we thought but that's to be expected. Good job.

dragonid4 said...

I agree with your views of the speech. Your speech wasn't too bad. Good rhythm, constant speed in talking.

Defne Erginer said...

i liked your speech a lot. it was very interesting to listen to your experiences in spain. it was fluent too!